Issue 1 (June 2006)
June 2006, Issue 1
– GREEN WITH ENVY: The story of a 1956 Morris Minor split windscreen with an amazing 8,000 miles on the odometer, which was very successful on the UK show circuit before it found its new home in Co. Galway.
– A PORSCHE WITH CLASS AND STYLE: Still in Galway, this 1959 three-cylinder Porsche Super 308 tractor has remained with its first-day family, and has received a full restoration to bring it back to showroom condition.
– GIRL IN GHIA: Arguably Volkswagen’s most stylish model of all, the Karmann Ghia coupe has become a cult classic. This lady-owned example has made its way from California all the way to Dublin.
– MODEL Y TO BE REBORN: We take a look at the initial steps of the restoration of a 1936 Ford Model Y four-door, an original Z-registered Dublin car.
– A TRUE BLUE: The Ford 3000 tractor is a favourite for road runs thanks to its reliability and decent road speed. Here we catch up with Seamus Mitchell, who has just restored his own example.
– THE FORD ANGLIA 105E: We take a quick look at the production history of the 105E Anglia, which spanned eight years from 1959 to 1967.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event coverage from Killarney Vintage Show, 1st Tony Hehir Memorial Rally in Kilmaley, Mountbellew Road Run, WVTEC Autojumble & Auction, Carrickmacross Vintage Parade, Holycross Road Run, Leinster Classic Motorcycle Show and Durrow Castle Vintage Show.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like News & Events, Diary Dates, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!