Issue 27 (August 2008)
August 2008, Issue 27
– CULT CLASSIC: The Ford Escort Mk1 is one of the most sought-after classic cars around, and John Maher’s minter-than-mint ’68 model shows us exactly why they’re so popular.
– ESCORT 40TH BIRTHDAY: John O’Connell marks the occasion of the fortieth birthday of one of Ford’s all-time greats.
– COUNTY CHAMPION: 700 hours of work saw this County 1164 tractor transform from tired workhorse to trophy-winning masterpiece.
– MALTESE TREASURES: Norbert Sheerin travels to Galway to see two immaculate Maltese imports; a Mk2 Ford Cortina and a rare 1970m Toyota Corona.
– DORSET STEAM RALLY GUIDE: Jackie Edge gives us a practical guide to attending the biggest steam fair of them all.
– FORD RARITY: We take a look at the highly unusual push-pull Ford ploughing system, to be demonstrated at this year’s Fingal Vintage Show.
– CAPRI CLUB IRELAND: Andrew Pollock meets with the Irish club for all things Capri-related.
– FERGUSON MEMORIAL GARDEN: Owen Monahan brings us news of the new Harry Ferguson Memorial to be built at his home farm in Growell, Co. Down.
– THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME: This Fowler steam engine has recently returned home to Ireland after moving to Scotland many years ago.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Limerick Classic & Vintage Car Club Run, Mercedes Benz Club Ireland Run to the West, Mini Weekend, Riley Club Tour, Riverstown Vintage Festival, Westport Threshing Display, South Roscommon Vintage Run, Kilkenny Motor Club Spring Run, Leinster Classic Motorcycle Show & Autojumble, Innishannon Steam Rally, West Cork & Kerry Vintage Truck Tour, Carrickmacross Vintage Run, Hillman Imp Club Tour and the Killarney Rally of the Lakes Historic Class.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!