Issue 36 (May 2009)
May 2009, Issue 36
– SPLIT PERSONALITY: This month Andrew Pollock brings you the story of AXA Insurance’s stunning 1967 VW Type 2 promotional vehicle, which was restored by the students of Darndale Belcamp Community Training Centre in Dublin.
– DAVID BROWN COLLECTION: …And what a collection it is, featuring no less than eleven of their finest tractors, owned by brothers Sean and Tom Mulvaney from Mullingar.
– BACK WITH AVENGEANCE: Carl Czanik tells us how the Gorman family from Co. Kildare became reunited with their beloved 1972 Hillman Avenger.
– A LIFETIME’S WORK: Andrew Pollock meets with Sean Farrell, who has worked at the same Massey Ferguson dealer in Balbriggan for the last 66 years.
– TALE OF TWO TRACTORS: Cliff Donaldson catches up with Roy Poots, present owner of the Harry Ferguson homestead in Co. Down, to see his two beautiful Ford-Ferguson 9Ns.
– TOUGH MANDATE: Carl Czanik meets with a Flo Gas employee who has restored his 1974 AEC Mandator in the company livery.
– A TOUCH OF SPRING: Andrew Pollock gives us the lowdown on a gorgeous Triumph 550 Spring-Drive, built way back in 1924, plus a more modern, ex-Irish Army ‘63 TRW.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Vanfest UK, the BOB St. Patrick’s Day Outing, Down Old Car Club Cavalcade, Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Ballygarvan Vintage Club Charity Run, Co. Offaly Charity Tractor Run, Mullahead Annual Ploughing Event, South Offaly Ploughing Match, Drummaul Ploughing Match, Munster VMCCC New Year’s Day Run, Goodwood Revival and Killucan Vintage Show.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!