Issue 42 (November 2009)
November 2009, Issue 42
– THE GIANT SLAYER: In part two of our bumper feature celebrating the fiftieth birthday of the Mini, Andrew Pollock examines the success of the Mini Cooper, both on the road and in competition, and meets some more enthusiastic Mini owners, while Tom Heavey meets with none other than Paddy Hopkirk for a chat about his old rallying days. We also compare the original Cooper with the 2009 New Mini version, plus much more.
– BEETLE MANIA: Carl Czanik meets with Tony Ferrie to talk about his restored VW Beetle, which his father bought new in 1972.
– BLACK MAGIC: Ferguson never built a 4WD 20, so George Marmion decided to engineer his very own, with impressive results.
– HOME TURF: The Ford Thames E83W proved a loyal friend to many during its life, including Seamus Coyne’s father who used one to haul turf back in the day. Now, Seamus owns a beautiful example of his own.
– RISING SUN: We feature two stunning Hondas; a CD175 and a CB125, both of which have been through a nut and bolt restoration.
– JOHN O’GROATS TO LAND’S END: We chronicle a marathon trip by 1912 Burrell steam engine down the entire length of the mainland UK.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the South-Eastern Vintage Machinery Club Rally, Ballyroan Vintage Club Rally, Capri Club Ireland Autumn Run, Carlow Vintage & Classic Motor Show, Castlehackett Vintage Show, Castletownroche Vintage Rally and the Irish Classic & Vintage Car Show at Terenure College.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!