How to Restore Triumph TR5, TR250 & TR6 – Updated & Revised Edition
• Covers bodywork, chassis, mechanical components and interior.
• Based on the real hands-on experience of five TR restoration specialists.
• Tells the reader how to choose the project car, how to restore it on a do-it-yourself basis and what jobs to leave to the experts.
• Coverage includes the use of new chassis and bodies.
• Explains how to create a restoration plan.
• Appendix lists specialist suppliers of parts and services.
The step-by-step guide to planning and restoring your car in the most cost-effective way. Includes body, trim and mechanical restoration, left- to right-hand drive conversion, clubs, specialists and suppliers, welding and restoration techniques, and advice on what work to sub-contract.
This book which covers all Triumph TR5/250 and TR6 models, explains the characteristics of the various TR sportscars, what to look out for when purchasing & how to restore a TR cost-effectively. As well as his own substantial experience and that of other amateur restorers, the author had the help of various TR specialists and professional restorers. All this knowledge, allied to substantial photographic coverage, allows Roger Williams to provide truly detailed coverage of complete restoration and good advice on how to overcome common problems. Note that the TR5 model was known as the TR250 in the USA.