Issue 38 (July 2009)
July 2009, Issue 38
– STYLISH TR3: John Carleton meets with the lucky owner of this primrose yellow Triumph TR3, who restored it in his own garage in Co. Antrim.
– THE BIG MCCORMICK: Back in the early twenties big tractors were a rare sight in Ireland, so you can imagine what a stir this McCormick-Deering 15-30 caused when it arrived in Co. Meath in 1929.
– GREAT WHITE: There can’t be many Mk3 Ford Capris around in such pristine condition as this 1.6 Laser, which has covered a mere 7,000 miles in its lifetime.
– KING OF THE CROP: This tricycle row-crop John Deere Model A caught our attention at the Durrow Vintage Show, where it made its debut, so we had to find out more.
– BACK IN BLACK: Andrew Pollock meets with Guinness transport historian Paddy O’Donovan, to see just some of his amazing collection of trucks related to the famous brewery.
– ROCKET MAN: Chris Whitehead was lucky enough to own his own BSA Road Rocket at the tender age of eighteen; now he has a replica of that very machine on which to relive his racing days.
– A HAVEN AT O’HAGAN’S: Tom Heavey returns to James O’Hagan’s for a closer look at more of his tractor and car collection.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Tractor World 2009, Norman Pratt Memorial Run, Lakeland Vintage Rally, Battle of the Hills Road Run, Blackchurch Road Run, Blessington Vintage Car & Motorcycle Club Spring Run, Camross Vintage Club Run, Irish Escort Club Run, Fordstown Vintage Run, Longford Ploughing Championships, Morris Minor Club NI Easter Run, North West Vintage & Heritage Club Run, Oldcastle Vintage Club Three Counties Run, Roscrea Vintage Rally, Irish Mini Owners’ Club Western Region Run and the TDC Irish Classic Retro Rally.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!