Issue 13 (June 2007)
June 2007, Issue 13
– FAST ORANGE: Not many of our classics get worked very hard anymore, but this little orange Hillman Imp does; it’s its owner’s everyday car!
– THE PRODIGAL RETURNS: This little Fiat 211R tractor was bought new by Noel Connolly’s father in 1963; now, it has returned to the Connolly family once again, after a chance encounter at a vintage rally.
– QUEEN OF THE ROAD PT.2: Norbert Sheerin brings us the second instalment of his story of a stately Chrysler De Soto.
– A UNIQUE MORRIS 1100: Although not the rarest of classic models, this 1100 is very special as it has only covered 6,490 miles since 1968!
– FERGUSON FAVOURITES: Andrew Pollock meets an ardent MF fan from Co. Meath, who has restored a fine array of machinery including an original 712 spreader.
– DERRYGLAD FOLK MUSEUM: John Roche visits the Derryglad Folk Museum in Athlone to check out their fine selection of exhibits.
– MORRIS 8: 1934 to 1948: Gerry Barrett guides us through the history of the Morris 8, a much-loved alternative to the Ford Model Y in this country.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from Durrow Vintage Show, Ford Model T Club Autumn Run, Moynalty Vintage Show, IVETA Virginia Rally, Killarney Vintage Rally, Citywest Dublin Classic Car Sale, Wolseley Car Club Annual Rally and Cork Viaduct Classic Car Meet.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Ask the Expert, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!