Issue 26 (July 2008)
July 2008, Issue 26
– A RACING PEDIGREE: Built in Dublin by Booth-Poole’s in the 1940s, this Ford Y-based special has a long and varied racing career under its belt.
– OL’ NUMBER ONE: You never forget your first, as MC Hardcastle from Longford found out; having used his first tractor on the farm since 1979, he recently treated it to a full restoration.
– LANZ BULLDOG RESTORATION: Enda Curran brings us the story of the restoration of a Lanz Bulldog that was bought new in Offaly in 1935.
– BUSINESS-CLASS: We catch up with the owner of a 1976 Mercedes 280SE W116, which featured in the Dublin TV show ‘Bachelor’s Walk’.
– A UNIQUE DODGE: This Dodge Brothers’ hearse was coachbuilt in Galway City by Fahy’s of Foster Street in 1936, and has spent its entire life in the locality.
– KERRY’S HIDDEN TREASURES: Tom Heavey visits the Kilgarvan Motor Museum in Co. Kerry, which holds some seriously rare machinery.
– VXOPEL.COM: Andrew Pollock catches up with members of the VxOpel club at the Argory Vintage Show to check out some of their Vauxhalls and Opels.
– ONE OF A KIND: This Argson Runnymeade three-wheeler is a highly unusual vehicle, built for invalid use in the late thirties/early forties. It has now been fully restored, after lots of detective work.
– BERINI AUTOCYCLE: Eamonn King tells us all about the Berini motorised bicycle.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the Alvis Car Tour, Blackchurch Motorcycle Run, Camross Vintage Run, Clare Classic & Vintage Club Run, Cross-Border Tractor Charity Run, Seamerstown Vintage Rally, Loughrea Road Run, Imokilly Vintage & Classic Club Run, Corrib Commercial Road Run, Streete Vintage Show, Antrim Vintage Club Annual Rally and the Irish Retro Challenge 2008.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!