Issue 23 (April 2008)
April 2008, Issue 23
– MARVELLOUS MILLECENTO: This charming Fiat 1100 has been in the same family since it was bought new in 1959, and is still in unrestored condition.
– THREE INTO ONE: Norbert Sheerin meets with Sean Roche, who is currently using his expertise to restore a 1958 Porsche tractor for another enthusiast.
– PREFECT FROM DOWN UNDER: This rare Ford Prefect A493A Ute travelled all the way from New Zealand to be restored by a pair of Cork enthusiasts.
– SIGN OF THE ZODIAC: The various Ford Zodiac models down through the years certainly deserve their iconic status, thanks to their high levels of luxury, styling and performance. Here, we meet with one enthusiastic owner who had wanted a MkIII since his childhood.
– A WINTER’S THRESHING: Andrew Pollock heads for Wexford to take part in a mid-winter threshing meet run by local enthusiasts.
– NORE VIEW FOLK & HERITAGE MUSEUM: John Roche visits the Nore View Folk & Heritage Museum in Co. Kilkenny.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the Burton Hall Annual Road Run, Capri Club of Ireland road runs, Carlow Vintage & Classic Motor Club Display, Clady Vintage Club Annual Autumn Run, Curraghmore Vintage Rally, IVVCC Noel Williams Memorial Run, Kilkenny Motor Club Morris Minor Event, Ballinkill/Kildare/Capri Club Charity Run, Slieve Donard Hotel Classic Car Show, IVETA National Indoor Show and the Killarney Historic Stages Rally.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!