Issue 18 (November 2007)
November 2007, Issue 18
– A HIGH STANDARD: The Standard Eight Tourer was always a quite rare version, yet the owner of this pristine example remembers this very car providing sterling family service in the past.
– ONE FOR THE ROAD: Half tractor, half truck, this Lanz Bulldog Traffic road-tractor has just been restored to stunning condition.
– HAPPY BIRTHDAY KDF!: John O’Connell marks the 70th birthday of the ubiquitous Volkswagen.
– FORD CONSUL CLASSIC 315 DELUXE: John Martyn tells us of his rare tail-finned Ford, and how he came to purchase it.
– TRIUMPH STAG: 1970 to 1977: Gerry Barrett delves into the history of one of the most desirable British touring cars of all.
– RUSTON RESTORATION PT. 2: Helen Mayne brings us the second half of the story of the mammoth restoration of a Ruston & Hornsby 8H oil engine.
– REAPING THE BENEFITS: Andrew Pollock travels to Wexford to bring us the incredible story of an original, unrestored Osborne reaper/binder, which has survived its last 100 years very well indeed.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from Clonakilty Vintage Rally, National Ploughing Championships, Garvagh Clydesdale & Vintage Day, Dungannon Vintage Rally, Imokilly Vintage & Classic event, Martinstown Annual Festival, North Kerry Classic Ford Run, Riverstown Vintage Festival, Ballymena Steam Rally, the Ferguson Day Out, Kilmaley Show, Mountbellew Vintage Rally and Trim V&V Car Show.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Ask the Expert, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!