Issue 31 (December 2008)
December 2008, Issue 31
– T-TIME: We celebrate the hundredth birthday of the Ford Model T with a bumper feature.
– FOSTERING INNOVATION: Andrew Pollock travels to Co. Louth to meet a man who not only has restored a Foster threshing mill, but also hand-built a quarter-scale replica.
– THE JENSEN COUPE DE GRACE: This rare Jensen 541GT is a fine example of the romantic grand-touring cars of the sixties, possessing stunning good looks even today.
– KILDARE CLASSICS: Andrew Pollock travels to Naas to see a diverse collection of classic tractors, including a MAN two-cylinder, a Fendt, a Steyr, a Porsche Standard and a rare German Wahl.
– HIDDEN TREASURE: Cliff Donaldson brings us the tale of Bill Forsythe’s unexpected reunion with a Wolseley 18/85 he had worked on in his youth.
– ALL KINDS OF EVERYTHING: Helen Mayne meets with the McKibbin Brothers from Co. Antrim, who have an unusual collection of classic commercials including a Magirus Deutz, Morris 10/4 Woody, Leyland Martian, Scammell Explorer and Model T Ford.
– BURRELL RESTORATION: Tom Heavey takes a look at a 1917 Burrell steam engine, which is currently under restoration by the Glynn family of Carlow.
– TWO GOLDEN OLDIES: William Binions brings us news of two steam engines arriving on Irish soil, both of which are 1874 Fowler ploughing engines.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the IVVCC Powerscourt Estate Picnic, Banbridge Cavalcade, Blassington Vintage Car & Motorcycle Club Spring Run, the Anthony Barry Memorial Run, the Raymond McCarthy Memorial Run, the Friends of Ferguson Heritage Road Run, the Irish Escort Club Killarney Run, the Tommy Wynne Memorial Run, West Limerick Vintage Day, Dessie’s Wild West Weekend, the IMOC Malin to Mizen Mini Run, Shane’s Castle Steam Rally, the West Cork Classic Retro Rally, Carrick-On-Suir Motor Club 50th Anniversary Celebrations and the Irish National Vintage Motorcycle Assembly.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!