Issue 33 (February 2009)
February 2009, Issue 33
– BON ANNIVERSAIRE: The Citroen 2CV recently celebrated its sixtieth birthday, and to mark the occasion Andrew Pollock travels to Co. Wicklow to check out a beautiful 2CV4 and a Mehari jeep.
– FAMILY HEIRLOOM: This lovely Fordson Dexta has been in the same Wexford family since 1963, and is now a treasured heirloom.
– THE GENERAL: In a nod to the thirtieth anniversary of the first jump by the Duke’s of Hazzard’s ‘General Lee’, we head for deepest Meath to find a 1969 Dodge Charger for ourselves.
– BIG MACK: Martin Crosbie brings us a feature on a 1957 Mack B61, which is one heck of a big rig.
– AVELING & PORTER RESTORATION: Andrew Pollock brings us the second instalment of the restoration of a 1914 Aveling & Porter steam roller, plus that of a council living wagon which will be towed behind.
– TIGER 110: Cliff Donaldson checks out a well-restored Triumph motorcycle that will soon be up for sale at an upcoming event.
– COUNTRY ESTATE: Patrick Mullan meets with the owner of a rare, Cork-built Cortina Mk2 Estate.
– FORGOTTEN HERO: The fascinating story of a Morgan 4/4 racing car with something of a chequered past.
– VIVA LE STARS & STRIPES: The Farmall Cub has long been an Irish favourite, and this month we catch up with the owner of both a French and US-built model.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the Mercedes Benz Club Ireland Run to the West, Ballyvaughan Road Run, Carlow Vintage & Classic Motor Club Show, Portadown ‘Country Comes to Town’ Festival, Crosshaven Classic & Vintage Run, Fenagh Steam Rally, Gowran Vintage Rally and Model Show, WVVMC Summer Run, Ford & Fordson Northern Ireland Event, Charleville Vintage Show, Crossmolina Annual Show, Laois Vintage Club Road Run, Leap & District Vintage Club Fundraiser, MGOC NI Picnic Run, Nobber Fun Run, Rooskey Harvest Festival, Kilkenny Motor Club Winter Run and the Irish Retro Challenge.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!