Issue 25 (June 2008)
June 2008, Issue 25
– FINTAIL FORD: This month, Paddy O’Rourke tells us all about his stunning (and rare) Irish 1962 Ford Consul Capri, which wasn’t always so good-looking…
– GOLD DIGGER: This 1975 Ford 4550 Digger has found its original owners after 23 years, and is now treasured by four generations of the O’Connor family.
– CLASSIC CAR LIVE AT MONDELLO PARK: Our full guide to this exciting upcoming event.
– FLOUR POWER: This stunning Dodge K-Series 500 worked from new at the Odlum’s Flour plant in Sligo, but lay unloved in a field for many years until its restoration two years ago.
– IRISH AGRICULTURE MUSEUM: Tom Heavey visits the Irish Agricultural Museum on the grounds of Johnstown Castle in Co. Wexford.
– MODEL CITIZEN: Andrew Pollock meets with Martin Bolger, owner of over 15,000 car, tractor and truck models.
– TRIUMPH OVER ADVERSITY: Andrew Pollock meets with the owner of a lovely Dublin-registered 1964 VW Beetle.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the HRCA Pre-’55 Races at Mondello, Virginia Road Run, Mountbellew Vintage Club Spring Run, Nobber Road Run, Kilkenny Motor Club Events, South Coasters BBQ Day, Stradbally Steam Threshing, West Otago (New Zealand) Crawler Challenge, Charleville Vintage Show, Durrow Vintage Show, Tractor World Ireland and Naas Beetlemania Show.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!