Issue 19 (December 2007)
December 2007, Issue 19
– JACK’S ZODIAC: This lovely Mk4 Ford Zodiac was once used as state vehicle for no other than Jack Lynch, during his stint as Taoiseach of Ireland.
– BEAST OF THE BLACKSTAIRS: The twin exhausts of this Nuffield Universal hint that it might not be standard, and it’s not; the 220hp V8 machine was built specifically for tractor-pulling competitions.
– THE DESTINY OF THE BABY FORD Y: This Model Y Ford has been local to Knock, Co. Mayo all of its life, and has now been restored by a childhood admirer.
– LEAD SINGER: The Singer Chamois was a more upmarket version of the more familiar Hillman Imp, and is a fairly rare sight nowadays. This one has been professionally restored to a high standard in Co. Laois.
– DORSET STEAM FAIR: We bring you some of the sights and sounds of this infamous event, including a quick interview with founder Martin Oliver, courtesy of Jackie Edge.
– DRIVING EXCITEMENT: Vinny Butler brings us through the ups and downs of importing and maintaining your own American muscle car.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from Roosky Show, Longford Tractor Run, Omagh Vintage Auction, Castledermot Vintage Display, Gowran Vintage Rally, Johnstown Vintage Rally, Kilkenny Motor Club Event, Newcastle Vintage Club Field Day, National Ploughing Championships, Phoenix Park Historic Motor Races, Carnew Heritage Working Day and the Mayo North Annual Show.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Ten Best, Readers’ Gallery, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!