Issue 4 (September 2006)
September 2006, Issue 4
– LADY IN RED: We take a look at a stunning, Cork-built Mk1 Ford Cortina Deluxe, which has taken its owner six years of work to restore.
– M FOR MAGNIFICENT: There are few tractors more striking than a nicely-restored John Deere, and that’s certainly the case for this 1952 Model M.
– MERCEDES 230SL REBUILD: We join a reader as he takes us through the restoration of a 1964 Mercedes ‘Pagoda’, one of the most stylish classic roadsters of all.
– M.A.N. TRACTOR RESTORATION: Not exactly a common sight in Ireland, this M.A.N. tractor was bought by a contractor in Abbeyfeale in 1954 after he was impressed by a demonstration of its abilities. Over fifty years later we examine the restoration work involved to bring it back to its new condition.
– RENAULT 16: Gerry Barrett takes us through the history of the Renault 16, one of the most versatile luxury saloons ever.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the 15th Terenure Classic Car Show, JGW Youghal Car Show, Ballymena Steam & Country Fair, Brian Boru Car Run, Burren Tour, Loughgall Vintage & Classic Club Road Run and the Lakeland Vintage Club Car Run.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Laid to Rust, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!