Issue 41 (October 2009)
Out of stock
October 2009, Issue 41
– MINOR MIRACLE: In part one of our bumper feature celebrating fifty years of the Mini, Andrew Pollock tells us of the background and development of this revolutionary car, and also meets with some enthusiast Mini owners.
– DOUBLE TROUBLE: Andrew Pollock catches up with a classic tractor enthusiast who has just restored a Nuffield 345 and Ford 4000.
– THE LIFE OF RILEY: John Carleton gets a spin in a super-rare Riley MPH on the roads of Belfast.
– THE HANDS OF TIME: Even though only fifteen years separate Liam Brennan’s Ferguson 20 and Fiat 312R tractors, they clearly show the speed at which developments were progressing at the time.
– FLASHBACK: Oliver McCrossan shares with us some of his amazing motorsport photos from times past; on this occasion he focuses on the Dunboyne Races.
– GREEN ENERGY: Carl Czanik chats with Vincent Flynn, who has restored a 1979 VW pickup bought new by his father.
– VINTAGE SUPERBIKE: This Henderson Model K motorcycle has a 1,300cc, four-cylinder engine, but was built way back in 1922.
– FIFTY YEARS OF BMC FARINAS: In yet another fiftieth anniversary this year, we take a quick look at the Farina-designed BMC models that proved so popular in this part of the world.
– VIAGGIO CON JANE: John Garrett takes us on a humorous trip around Italy to see some glorious classic cars and motorcycles.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the Leinster Classic Motorcycle Club Show, Carrigart Vintage Show, Cortina Owners’ Club Autumn Run, Northern Ireland Transport Trust Bus Rally, Meath Vintage Group Run, Mercedes Benz Club of Ireland Spring Run, Mayo North Old Engine & Tractor Club Field Day, Youghal Classic Car & Bike Show, Charleville Club Tractor Run, Taylor Classics Show, South Roscommon Vintage Club Run, Stradbally Parish Rally, Traction Engine Club of Ulster Run, Thurles & District Vintage Rally, HRCA Historic Races at Mondello Park and the Villa D’Este Concours.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!