Issue 17 (October 2007)
October 2007, Issue 17
– DOUBLE VISION: Andrew Pollock meets with the lucky owner of both a Mk1 and Mk2 Lotus Cortina.
– LITTLE & LARGE: A beautifully-restored Nuffield DM4 has been given a half-sized sibling, courtesy of the ingenuity and of some dedicated and skilfun enthusiasts.
– EDWIN R. FODEN: John O’Connell looks at the history of the founder of a famous English truck company.
– EASTERN WANDERER: Could this be the only Romanian ARO M41 jeep in Western Europe? We’ve certainly not come across another!
– A FORD ANGLIA AND ITS EUROPEAN ODYSSEY: This old Ford has been in the same family since 1951, and has even been driven from Galway to Rome!
– MIZEN TO MALIN WITH A TRACTOR AND A GYPSY WAGON: Colette Raitt tells us the tale of four men’s epic tractor journey across the country.
– THE CUMMINS FERGUSON TRACTOR COLLECTION: John Roche meets with a family very enthusiastic for a certain make of grey tractor…
– RUSTON RESTORATION: Helen Mayne gives us an in-depth account of the restoration of a huge Ruston & Hornsby 8H stationary, by the Traction Engine Club of Ulster.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the Innishannon Steam Rally, Model T Tour of Connemara, JGW Youghal Classic Car Show, Terenure Classic Car Show, Leinster Motor Club Rally, Lismore Vintage Auction, the Noel Duggan Vintage Show, Castletown Vintage Rally, Fire Service Trust ‘Pump-athon’, Clonroche Vintage Rally, Gosford Park Classic & Vintage Show, South-East Vintage Machinery Rally, Stradbally Parish Vintage Rally, Thurles & District Vintage Rally and Connacht V&V Motor Club Run.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!