Issue 24 (May 2008)
May 2008, Issue 24
– VEE FORMATION: This Cork-built Ford Corsair V4 is back on the road after an eleven-year restoration.
– THE THREE-CYLINDER REVOLUTION: Andrew Pollock meets with Eamonn Barrett, owner of owner of a stunning collection of three-cylinder diesel Ford tractors.
– ROLLS-ROYCE REUNION: In late 2007 Irish Vintage Scene attended a rather special reunion, that of a 1927 Rolls-Royce 20hp and the man who had learned how to drive in it many years ago.
– QUEEN OF STEAM: This Fowler steam engine has been in the ownership of the Murphy family for four generations, and recently celebrated its 100th birthday.
– TRAIL BLAZER: One of the most universally-appealing range of motorbikes ever built, the Honda CB350 series broke sales records in the seventies and is still breaking lap records today. Andrew Pollock meets with an owner of a fantastic US-spec CL350.
– SHOW REPORTS : Event reports from Killarney Vintage Rally, AMCI St.Patrick’s Day Meet, Ballyvaughan Old Boys’ Run, Kilkenny Vintage & Classic Sales Event, Cortina Club of Ireland Autumn Run, Laragh Monster Auction, Kilbeggan American Car Show and the Galway Historic Rally.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!