Issue 35 (April 2009)
April 2009, Issue 35
– GOLDEN TIGRE: In yet another Golden Jubilee, this month we take a look at the Pahnard PL17, which is fifty years old this year. To celebrate, we caught up with the only RHD PL17 Tigre convertible in the world, which resides in Co. Limerick.
– TIPPERARY DEXTA: The Fordson Dexta rivals the Ferguson 20 and MF35 for popularity in this country. Here, we catch up with one enthusiast who has given his a sympathetic rebuild.
– THE DONEGAL DIAMOND: Patrick Mullan meets with the proud owner of this beautiful ‘pre-airflow’ Cortina Mk1.
– 911 CALL: This RHD Mercedes 911B tractor unit is one of only a handful of its type to exist in Europe.
– THE FERGUSON BROWN: The 1936 Ferguson Brown was a true milestone in the history of farm machinery, and here Cliff Donaldson meets with the owner of one of these now-rare tractors.
– LEVIS SUPERSPORTS: Well-known vintage biker John Quirke fills us in on the history and restoration process behind his gorgeous 1932 Levis A2 Supersports.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Mountbellew Vintage Show, Ballyragget Vintage Club Run and Harvest Threshing, Camross Vintage Club Annual Rally, Classic Ford Car Run for Cystic Fibrosis, Charleville & District Club Event, Drumone Fun Run, Scurlogstown Haymaking Festival, Midland Vintage & Classic Club Leisure Weekend, Rosdillig Vintage Rally, Manorhamilton to Dromahair Vintage Run, Stradbally Steam Rally, Moynalty Steam Threshing Festival and Newcastle Classic Car Show.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!