Issue 43 (December 2009)
December 2009, Issue 43
– THE ULTIMATE: Top of the wish-list for any Irish Mk2 Escort fan must be this RS1800, the only one ever registered new in the Republic of Ireland.
– SWISS PRECISION: Hurlimann and Vevey might not be the most popular tractor-marque at our vintage rallies, but they certainly made an impact in their native Switzerland over the years.
– WORKING CLASSIC: This 1968 Austin LD ice-cream truck has been working for its keep all its life, and shows no sigh of stopping anytime soon!
– THREE-PRONGED LEGACY: Andrew Pollock brings us some real exotica when he takes a look at two Maseratis; a Ghibli and a stunning 3500 GT.
– THE WONDER MACHINE: The Ferguson 20 must be one of the most popular classic tractors of all, and Declan Fallon certainly cherishes his freshly-restored example.
– PISTONS & PIANOS: Established in 1887 as a manufacturer of musical instruments, Yamaha have also produced some fine motorcycles, not least the AS-1 and AS-3.
– VINTAGE VARIATION: Ian Clayton tells us of a very special Austin Seven, which was transformed into a sports car in the 1920s.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the BOB Outing, Borris Tractor Nuts Run, Castletown Vintage Rally, Fermoy Classic Car Sale, Growell Harry Ferguson Event, Blackstairs Vintage Rally, National Ploughing Championships, Longford Vintage Rally, the Copper-Belly Tour, Eireball ’09, Glenamaddy Vintage Show, Rathcormac Vintage Run, Riverstown Vintage Festival, Tullyallen Show, Charleville Vintage Show, AOVC Classic Show, HRCA Historic and Pre ’55 Races at Phoenix Park, Westrun 2009 and Kilbeggan 2009.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Garage Scene, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!