Issue 20 (January 2008)
January 2008, Issue 20
– CROWNING GLORY: This beautiful 1951 Dodge Coronet is thought to be the sole surviving Irish-built example.
– TECHNICOLOUR TRACTOR: 99.9% of John Deere tractors are green and yellow, but this 1120 is a replica of a multicoloured promotional machine from the sixties, and certainly stands out on the rally field.
– COMMERCIAL SUCCESS: We take a look at two rare Ford commercials, an 82-C V8 pickup and a F600 truck.
– MERCURY COUGAR: Dave Rooney tells us about his Mustang-based American classic.
– COOLEY FACTS & FIGURES: We bring our readers a breakdown (by model and county) of the participating tractors from the Cooley world record event.
– A TRIUMPH OF ENGINEERING: Norbert Sheerin meets with the proud owner of a Triumph Herald, a very popular car in Ireland “back in the day”.
– AN IRISH GUZZISTA: Carl Czanik meets with the owner and restorer of a beautiful two-wheeled Italian classic, a Moto Guzzi 250 Airone Sport.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the IVETA All-Ireland Rally in Myshall, Ballinderry Vintage Rally, Charleville Autumn Run, Clonsert Parish Threshing, Limerick Classic Car Run, Motel T Club Autumn Run, Rosdillig Vintage Rally, NEC Classic Motor Show and Fenagh Steam Rally.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Tales from Over the Water, Readers’ Gallery, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!