Issue 44 (January 2010)
January 2010, Issue 44
– EURO CRUISER: Andrew Pollock takes a look at two of the rarest Ford Capris in the country to mark the occasion of the fortieth anniversary of the model.
– IL TRATTORE DI TORINO: Fiat of Turin are famous for many stylish cars, but also tractors like this 880.
– TENDER LOVING CARE: Carl Czanik meets with the owner of some historic Bedford fire tenders.
– GHOST STORY: The Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is still considered to be one of the finest cars of all time, despite it being 100 years old. Cliff Donaldson investigates why.
– A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH: Andrew Pollock catches up with the owner of a stunning, freshly-restored Ford 2600 tractor, one of the last of the ‘Ford-Force’ machines.
– TRIUMPHANT: Fresh from a detailed rebuild, this Triumph T-100SS recently scooped a prestigious award, and for good reason.
– ROTARY MOTORING: John Cradden delves into the history of the rotary-engined NSU Ro80.
– THE MP6 STORY: Enda Curran brings us the first instalment of the restoration of an extremely rare Marshall MP6 tractor.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the Banbridge Cavalcade, Bandon Vintage & Classic Run, Ulster Commercial Vehicle Run, Cork Veteran Run, Courtnacuddy Rally, Donegal International Rally, National Ploughing Championships, Inishowen Vintage Rally, Gerry Kennedy Memorial Fiat Run, Moira Classic Tractor Charity Show, Mountbellew Vintage Show, Raheen Vintage Club Show, STOP Annual Run, Virginia Vintage Fair, IMRC Retro Challenge Round 3, Stradbally Vintage Rally, NEC Classic Motorshow, Ulster Vintage & Commercial Vehicle Club Run and the IVETA Cavan Indoor Show Tractor Build Competition.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Garage Scene, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!