Issue 21 (February 2008)
February 2008, Issue 21
– GOLDEN WONDER: A five year restoration saw this Ford Cortina 1600E go from rusty hulk to trophy winner.
– BLUE STEEL: This Fordson Super Dexta was recently bought from its original family, and treated to a comprehensive rebuild by its enthusiastic new owner.
– DENNIS THE MENACE: This 1952 Dennis F8 fire engine was first stationed in Navan, before moving eventually to every station in Co. Meath except Ashbourne.
– THE FEARLESS PEERLESS: In this, the 50th anniversary year of Peerless, we bring you a freshly restored GT from Broadford, Co. Clare.
– THE COOLAKAY COLLECTION: John Stone pays a visit to Coolakey House in Co. Wicklow, home to a fantastic collection of vintage machinery and tractors.
– YELLOW ALERT: Barry Kane’s Automobile Association BSA outfit is the very one used by his father, and was a familiar and welcome sight for motorists in the Dundalk/Drogheda area in the sixties.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from Fingal Vintage Show, IVVCC Autumn Run, WVTEC Hollybrook Show, Moynalty Steam Rally, Connacht V&V Motor Club Jim Boland visit, Williamstown Road Run, WVVMC Christmas Run and the Midland V&CCC Annual Rally Weekend.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Tales from Over the Water, Readers’ Gallery, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!