Issue 30 (November 2008)
November 2008, Issue 30
– FORM & FUNCTION: This US-import Fiat 124AC has received a full restoration and conversion to right-hand-drive by its enthusiastic Co. Kerry owner.
– FESTIVE FERGUSON: While most of us are content to receive a hankie or selection box, Joseph McGuinness got a whole lot more than he bargained for last Christmas when he was given a key to his freshly-restored Massey Ferguson 135!
– THE ‘BIG SIX’ FLEET: John Byrne outlines the history of one of BMW’s finest saloons, the 2500/2800 series, and meets with the owner of a fine 2500 model.
– FLASHBACK: Oliver McCrossan brings us a selection of his amazing motorsport photos from years gone by.
– HIGH & MIGHTY: This High Nellie Fordson Major E27N packs Perkins P6 power, and is one of the finest you could wish to see.
– PORSCHE 356B RESTORATION: Norbert Sheerin gets a progress report on the Galway restoration of one of Stuttgart’s finest sports cars.
– LEYLAND TREASURE: We take a look at a very fine 345 FG-Series Leyland truck, which now graces the roads of Galway in its retirement.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from the Ashville Vintage Club Show, Claragh Bridge Vintage Show, Dunderry Fair Day, Dundrod Revival, Dumfries Vintage Rally, Duhallow Vintage Club Run, Longford Vintage Road Run, Thurles Vintage Show, Waringstown Vintage Cavalcade, West Coast Vintage Club Show, Boyne Valley Automobile & Motorcycle Club Annual Show, Limerick Classic & Vintage Car Show, County Down Traction Engine Club Rally, Argory Vintage & Classic Vehicle Rally, Kilbeggan Vintage Rally, Innishannon Steam Rally, Hollymount IVS All-Ireland Rally, Connabride IVETA National Rally, Ferguson Memorial Garden Official Unveiling, Picnic In The Park, RIAC Pioneer Run, Dromcollogher Steam Co-op Opening and Classic Massey-Harris-Ferguson Combine Working Day.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!