Issue 34 (March 2009)
March 2009, Issue 34
– HOLDEN OLDIES: Surprisingly enough, East Cork is home to these two stunning Australian Holdens; a 1957 FE saloon and a 1958 FC utility.
– THE GENERATION GAME: Bought new in 1964, this Fordson Super Major is still in the same Tipperary family, 45 years later.
– THREE TIMES A LADY: You won’t see another one of these on the road or at a show, as it was the only one ever built! A homage to the infamous three-wheeled Morgan Supersports of the 1930s, it is now the proud transport of a lady classic car enthusiast from Wexford.
– FAMILY GUY: Well-known classic truck enthusiast Bill Kiely has recently completed the restoration of this Guy Big J, a once common truck in Ireland but extremely rare nowadays.
– MILITARY VELOCETTE: Cliff Donaldson tells us of the restoration of this fantastic 1934 MOV Velocette motorcycle.
– MODERN CLASSIC: It seems that the current obsession with fusing old-school styling with modern technology has reached every market sector, including tractors. Fancy a Massey Ferguson 35 with a 2009 registration? Say hello to the TAFE 35 Classic.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Youghal Vintage & Classic Car and Bike Show, Streete Vintage Show, Builea Vintage Show, Castletown Annual Vintage Rally, Glens Vintage Club Gathering, Hillsborough Ploughing Society Competitions, Kilkenny Motor Club Annual Show, Mac & Norman’s Vintage Rally, Spirit of Dunboyne Motorsport Festival, Waterford Motorfest, Blackstairs Vintage Rally, Mooncoin Vintage Show, Noel Duggan Memorial Show, Rathmolyon Annual Cultural Festival, Seamerstown Vintage Show, Wicklow Vintage Club Run, Williamstown Road Run and the UAC Circuit of Ireland Retro Rally.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!