Issue 37 (June 2009)
June 2009, Issue 37
– LITTLE RED ROADSTER: In the early seventies the Triumph TR6 was one of the coolest cars you could own. You won’t see many with an old Irish registration nowadays, so when we learned of this stunning example in West Cork we had to find out more.
– SHOWROOM STANDARD: There are restorations and there are restorations, but Peter Jones from North Co. Dublin really pushed the boat out when it came to the renovation of the old family Massey 165.
– SUPER SPECIAL: This Buckler Special has a real family history, as the father of the current owner imported several of these racy little cars into Ireland back in 1952 for competition use.
– GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY FOR A VINTAGE CITROEN: This 1930 Citroen C4 has taken part in all fifty of the Tipperary Light Car and Motorcycle Club’s Road Run since the first one in 1959.
– THE TRAVELLING SHOP: Billy Harness from Co. Mayo has restored a very special 1938 Morris Commercial truck, which serviced an entire community as a mobile shop from 1938 to 1950.
– NIFTY FIFTY: The Honda Cub is officially the most popular motor vehicle of all time, with over sixty million having been built so far. This month we check out two amazing restored examples.
– A TRANSATLANTIC STORY: Tom Heavey meets with a Clare man who is currently restoring a David Brown 990 for a man living in New York.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Durrow Vintage Rally, ALMC Motor Show, Aughnacloy Tractor Run, Ballygawley Field Day, Charleville Charity Runs, Clare Classic & Vintage Club Run, Glenavy Indoor Show, Kilkenny Motor Club Run, Mercedes Benz Club Leinster Mince Pie Run, Co. Galway St. Patrick’s Day parades, Tipperary Vintage Rally, Castledermot Threshing & Vintage Working Day, Cyrus McCormick 200th Birthday Celebration, Kavanagh’s Trip to AGCO HQ and Toddsleap Ulster Historic Rally.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Retrospect, Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!