Issue 22 (March 2008)
March 2008, Issue 22
– PIECES OF EIGHT: This Morris 8 van is thought to be one of only fifteen or so survivors worldwide, and the only surviving Irish-built example. It has been restored to a stunning standard from very poor condition.
– THE DIESEL HORSE: German tractor-maker Fendt have always had a pioneering spirit, and have been responsible for some very advanced tractors down through the years. We go back to their roots this month, with this award-winning 1942 Dieselross.
– MG A TO Z RESTORATION: This beautiful MGA was given to the current owner as a thirtieth birthday present, having belonged to his father for the previous seventeen years. What followed was a long and painstaking restoration.
– SOLO PERFORMANCE: BMW might be famous for their flat twins, but they also made some fine singles, as this fifties R26 attests.
– OLD FORDS AT CARRIGBYRNE: We catch up with two old Ford owners in Co. Wexford to check out their Model T and Model Y.
– SHOW REPORTS: Event reports from the Ballyvaughan “Old Boys, Old Toys” Outing, Knockbridge Vintage and Family Day, Limerick Classic & Vintage Car Club Run, Reenascreena Threshing Day, Scurlogstown Haymaking Festival, Virginia Vintage Show, WVVMC West Run, UVCV Club End of Season Run and Bawnboy Vintage Show.
PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Readers’ Gallery, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more