Issue 28 (September 2008)
September 2008, Issue 28
– TRUE BLUE: This Dublin-built Renault Dauphine Gordini is highly original, having only covered 45,000 miles from new.
– MARSHAL ARTS: Auctioned off after laying derelict in a field for decades, this Field Marshall has now been restored back to its original glory.
– TÍR NA NÓG CAPRI: This amazing Ford Capri 3000 GXL has hardly aged since 1973, as it spent 27 years in storage.
– MAN, WHAT A CHALLENGE: Norbert Sheerin brings us the second instalment of the restoration of a rare MAN tractor.
– KING OF THE ROAD: This Mack R600 was one of eight double-drive tractor units built for P& S Contracts in Scotland in 1965, but has now found its home in Co. Limerick.
– TRANS-AM TRIBULATIONS: Brendan Connolly runs us through the process of sourcing and importing his ’76 Pontiac Trans-Am from the US.
– EVENT REPORTS: Event reports from Leap & District Vintage Run, Borris Tractor Nuts Road Run, Charleville Road Run, Cortina Club of Ireland Weekend, Meath Vintage Group Road Run, Monagear Model Show, Slievenamon Pre-’31 Motorcycle Run, Sligo Charity Road Run, The Rock Rally, Youghal Classic Run, Fingal Vintage Show, Ballygawley and Roscavey Bygone Farming Day, Classic Car Live, Rathmolyon Cultural Festival, Gordon Bennett Classic Car Run, Mosney Car Show, Lakeland Vintage Rally & Autojumble, Norman Pratt Memorial Run, Terenure Classic Car Show, and Zetor Ireland Tractor Event.
– PLUS: All your monthly favourites like Dealers’ Wheels, Tales from Over the Water, Ten Best, Laid to Rust, Event Round-Up, News & Events, Diary Dates, Your Letters, Pastimes, classifieds and lots, lots more!